Salmon Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde!
Eat more seafood like Salmon! It’s a great source of omega-3s essential fatty acid, which the average American diet lacks. Try Salmon Tacos!! It’s an easy week night family dinner that’s little preparation.
1 lb. of Salmon (Alaska Wild-Caught Sockeye recommended)
1 tablespoon of Avocado Oil
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of coriander
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Toppings (choose toppings that make you happy, but here’s my favorite)
1/2 bag of coleslaw
1 cup of chopped kale
1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
1/2 lime wedge
1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
1 cup of queso fresco grated
*Salsa (here is the link to the homemade Salsa Verde shown in image. Choose your favorite!)
1. Mix all seasonings for the salmon in a small bowl. Pat salmon dry and then rub evenly with seasoning mix (don’t forget to rub down the sides of the salmon).
2. In skillet, add avocado oil and heat to medium-high. When pan is hot, add the salmon, flesh side down and cook for 3 minutes with lid on the pan. Flip the salmon and cook fish for about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Note: If pan frying isn’t your thing. Follow same prepping steps, adding avocado oil to season mixture. Preheat oven to 375. Wrap salmon in aluminum foil, using extra to cover the top. When oven is ready, place wrapped salmon on baking sheet and cook for 30-35 minutes.
1. Heat tortillas in a skillet with avocado oil for about 2 minutes each side.
2. In bowl, mix half a bag of coleslaw, chopped kale, lime and cilantro.
3. Remove skin from salmon and use fork to pull chunks of salmon to divide it among the tortillas and top with diced tomatoes, salsa or guacamole and/or any other favorite taco toppings. Sprinkle grated queso fresco or alternative cheese.